Online Reputation Management Scottsdale Phoenix Arizona United States
Did you know that most people these days will look at a business’s online reputation before using them, and if they see more than one negative review or if the star rating is more than a couple of decimal points lower than a competitor, that person will probably NOT use your business? That means that you could be losing business, in a BIG way, due to your online reputation, and this IS something that you must get a handle on, sooner than later.
If you need online reputation management services in Scottsdale or Phoenix Arizona or anywhere else in the United States, we can help! Is your online reputation in the toilet and you need to stop drowning? Do you have less stars or more negative reviews than your competitors?
We are experts at helping small businesses like yours with their online reputation, but here are some things that you can do for yourself to help your online reputation:
- Discover if any negative reviews that people are leaving for you are valid. Ask your employees, if the review time-frame occurred while they were working, what happened and if the review is valid. Or if the experience occurred while you were working, determine for yourself if it is valid.
- If the review is valid, see if you can contact the customer and ask them what happened. Ask if there is something that can be done to make up for the issue(s) they experienced. Ask if they would like their money back, free product, whatever it takes to salvage that relationship.
- Do NOT ask them to change their review or the stars – if they sense you are bribing them you could be in a worse position than when you started. Let THEM initiate that conversation or change the review or star rating out of their own free will without any suggestions on your part. If they do offer to do that, accept whatever they are willing to do and thank them!
- If the review is NOT valid, know that there are only certain times that the platform (Yelp, Google, Facebook, etc) will remove a review regardless of validity. Generally speaking, that is when someone is personally attacked, if curse words were used, or in some cases, if the review was a 3rd party review (such as “My mom went in there and it was a very bad experience”). Other than that, you are probably stuck with the review.
- RESPOND to ALL reviews whether they are negative or positive. When you respond to a negative review, remember that you are primarily showing your good side to present and potential customers, NOT necessarily responding to the person that put the review up for you. That means that you SHOULD respond directly to the person whom left the review, but… you must show that you take responsibility for the issue, and if it IS a fake review, that you can prove that perhaps that person left it for the wrong business, etc.
- Why respond to positive reviews? Because it shows that you care and that you are in touch with the online review system. It also shows your gratitude to the person that left you the review – so always respond to them, as soon as possible after it was left.
- You can in many cases request your customers to leave you reviews, but there are times when it is not appropriate. Also, there are right ways and wrong ways to ask your customers for reviews. If you have questions about this, give us a call and we will give you the information you need for no charge!
As you can see, there is a lot to online reputation management, and it must be done properly and appropriately or you could be setting yourself up for more problems than you had before.
If you need help with your online reputation, call us at 480-272-4488 or 800-590-2085. The longer you wait to address these issues, the more business you will lose to your competitors. That is a guarantee.